First of all it’s necessary to create an empty moodle classroom in the 2020-2021 academic course following these instructions.
Before beginning to move, it is important to make sure that the destination classroom has the same structure as the source classroom. That is, they must have the same format (by topics, by weeks…) and also the same number of items (weeks/topics) to show. These options are accessible from the menu “Edit settings” in the classroom.
In case they don’t have the same structure, the material will be imported as well but it will be disorganized in the destination classroom.
- Login into Virtual Campus (https://cv.uab.cat).
- Click on Previous academic year (19-20).
- Clic on the specific moodle classroom.
- Access to the drop-down menu of the wheel (located in the upper right corner) and click on Backup.
- Click on the Jump to final step button, located at the end of the page. Depending on the material volume, the process can be slow.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Download into your computer the .mbz file, clicking on Download link.
- Now you have to access to the destination moodle classroom from 2020-2021 academic course. You can change to the previous tab of the browser and click on Board option. If it’s lost, access to https://cv.uab.cat.
- Click on the destination classroom.
- Click on the drop-down menu of the wheel, located in the upper right corner and then click on Restore.
- Upload the previously generated .mbz file, clicking on the Choose a file button, on drag and drop the file on the box.
- Click on the Restaure. If the backup (.mbz file) is bigger than 300Mb, contact with CAS (email@example.com).
- A long page will be loaded. Go to the end of the page and click on the Continue button.
- Then click on Continue button from the Restore into this course section. Don’t change the default option Merge the backup course into this course.
- In the next step (Settings), click on the Next button and don’t change any option.
- In the next step (Schema), click on the Next button and don’t change any option.
- In the next step (Review), click on the Perform restore button (placed at the end of the page).
- In the next step (Proceso), click on the Continue button. Ignore the warning message that appears in red. Depending on the material volume, can be a slow process. A progress bar will appear.
- Click on the Continue button to finish the process.