You’ve just arrived in Barcelona and are curious about the Catalan language. You’ve signed up for a course but you want to practice with local people.
WHY NOT FIND A LANGUAGE VOLUNTEER?
Language volunteer programme
How is it organised?
- If you want to find someone to help you practice Catalan outside the classroom, to feel more confident and to find out about Catalan culture, contact the Language Service at s.llengues.dinamización@uab.cat.
- We will ask you a few questions about your studies, the languages you speak, hobbies and timetables, and then we will look for somebody to help you practice Catalan.
- Your partner will prepare activities for language practice according to what you are interested in doing.
- You can meet up whenever it suits you both. Your volunteer will tell you how things work.
- Are you starting Catalan from scratch? Your partner will help you to get into the language either through your own or through English. Don’t worry, you won’t need to know much before you can start practicing.
- You can also help your partner to practice the language you speak or English! I’m sure they’ll be grateful.
What do you need to take part?
- You need to want to learn the Catalan language and about Catalan culture.
- You need to want to meet up with people to learn the Catalan language and about the culture first hand.
- You need to be interested in new cultures and in having fun through the activities on the campus.
Whatever you level of Catalan, this is the best way to learn – and also the most fun!
And…you can share your language and culture with your partner!
READY TO SIGN UP? Write to us at email@example.com and we will contact you with more information.