Un dels documents bàsics de tot professor universitari és “Why God never received a tenure-track position at any university”:
1. He had only one major publication.
2. It was in Hebrew.
3. It had no references.
4. It wasn’t published in a refereed journal.
5. Some even doubt he wrote it himself.
6. It may be true that he created the world, but what has he done since then?
7. His cooperative efforts have been quite limited.
8. The scientific community has had a hard time replicating his results.
9. He never applied to the Ethics Board for permission to use human subjects.
10. When one experiment went awry he tried to cover it up by drowning the subjects.
11. When subjects didn’t behave as predicted, he deleted them from the sample.
12. He rarely came to class, just told students to read the Book.
13. Some say he had his son teach the class.
14. He expelled his first two students for learning.
15. Although there were only ten requirements, most students failed his tests.
16. His office hours were infrequent and usually held on a mountaintop.
En un nivell més modest, ens podem preguntar si Immanuel Kant hauria obtingut mai l’acreditació d’agregat de l’AQU.
No va publicar en revistes indexades.
No va publicar en editorials de prestigi o ho va fer a l’editorial de la pròpia universitat.
No va fer estades de recerca.
No va dirigir ni participar en projectes d’investigació de convocatòries competitives.
Us concedeixo que és un anacronisme, però ¿quants companys titulars d’ara tenen un currículum com el que acabo de descriure i, ai las, no són Kant?