- Results/Discussion, and Conclusion in separate section.
- Conclusion with a long Discussion
- Discussion with subheadings
Check your journal or ask your editor to know what is acceptable.
Go back to your title and your introduction and make changes if necessary.
Elements of the discussion section: Checklist:
- Reference to the hypothesis
- Restatement of findings for support, whether your findings answer the questions, or meet your objectives.
- Reference to the literature that support your findings.
- Mention any limitations
- Implications for the broader context
- Recommendations for the future
Most probably you will not have something to describe each point in the list, but these points are useful as you draft your Discussion Section.